1) The only reading we had to do today (September 28) was on the http://zapatopi.net/ treeoctopus website. I learned that anyone can have a website and post false information for the public to read and maybe believe. That is a negative impact for the internet world because people may be lead to use this false information for research, projects, blogging, etc. I do not understand why people would take the time to make websites with incorrect information, racism, discrimination, etc. An example of a website like this is www.martinlutherking.org. Prior to the knowledge that was brought from the information I learned this week, I learned that anyone can own a .org website and post their own opinions with an anonymous author or owner on the site.
2) The information I learned this week is applicable to my other class assignments because if I ever decide to do research for my other classes, I know that not all information on the world wide web is valid and legitimate. That is when I can use the big six skills that are as follows: Task definition, Information- seeking strategies, Information & Access, Use of Information, Evaluation, and Synthesis-Putting it all together! I can use these big six skills when I do research for school or if I use a search engine to look something up and I can now evaluate whether a website is legitimate.
3) Of the material presented today, I already knew that there can be other links on a website that lead you to further information on a particular subject or words. Usually when I do research for school, I use a search engine to research a particular subject and the websites I click on have other links on them, usually for words that are difficult or have further meaning. These links actually help because it gives you a deeper content of the subject and can help you further understand the content.
Very good Marisch. I'm glad you learned something from the big 6 Skills.
ReplyDeleteMarisch, you are going to have to change the colors on your blog or else you won't be able to read anybody's comments. I'm glad to see you are writing though, although I wanted 3 different blog posts a week.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree :D
ReplyDelete