On November 15th in College Research English Class, I learned how to identify the right keywords for our topic. To identify the right keywords, you need to translate it into a search strategy that optimizes your chances of finding useful information. i learned that the main elements in your search strategy are the keywords that describe the major concepts of your search topic. The keywords that are entered into the search tool and which the search tool uses to return to results.
On November 17th in College Research English Class, I learned how to study the topic and how to potentially pull out keywords. I learned that by identifying keywords, I am starting to turn my topic statement into terms that an internet search tool can use effectively. These are the words that I expect to appear on the Web pages that might be useful for my project. I also learned that search engines normally do not search for the words a, an, and the; so I should not include these words in most searches.
On November 19th in College Research English Class, I learned the four ways to identify the right keywords. The first way to identify the right keywords is by writing a sentence or two that summarizes your research topic. The second way is by studying the research topic and by pulling out potential keywords. If necessary, you can define the keywords and find out general background information on your topic. The forth way to identify the right keywords is by identifying synonyms and related terms for the keywords.
No comments:
Post a Comment