Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Week of November 1st

1) I learned the third step in an Internet Research Strategies, which is if you want specific content, search engines or metasearch engines should be used. Search engines or metasearch engines are appropriate if you want specific content, and subject guides are best used for a broader view. I learned that by combining these search tools, it will provide you with the most thorough approach.


2) The information I learned about the fourth step in an Internet Research Strategy can help me in my other class assignments because it trains me to be more effective with my search query. A search query is also known as a question, which consists of words and phrases that the search engine can interpret. Search query helps to identify the keywords that best describes the topic. 


3) By reading Caileen's blog, I learned that the information she learns from our class is useful in all her other classes because they require some sort of internet use. I agree with Caileen because whether it is for history, math, english, etc., students use the internet to research, for further information that helps students better understand the topic/lesson. 

1 comment: